The only way Cada Casa exists is thanks to the amazing communities in which it thrives. In addition to our classes, we also organize events for our community, especially the teens. Here is a list of some of the work that we have done in the past:
- Bigger Than Hip-Hop: A multi-art performance night for teenagers. Entertainment includes local high school bands, dancers from the B-Boy dance class, slam poetry, live painting, and an emceed dance party.
- El Torneo de Campeones: A bilingual, bicultural 4 vs 4 soccer tournament for all ages based in Redmond, OR.
- Día de los Muertos: Combining forces with CAUSA Oregon, our Day of the Dead celebration includes a presentation of altars, mole competition, and performance.
- Cypher Night: An open mic for spoken word pieces. Whether it be storytelling, slam poetry, or songs, this event gives voices to teens.
- Film Fridays: Teens are invited to screen movies and discuss their social influence.
- TBD First Friday Stage: Teens are given the opportunity to perform in front of an audience and practice their pieces.
- Bend Poetry Slam: All age Poetry Slam hosted by Cada Casa instructor MOsley WOtta.
- Tin Pan Alley Jam: We took over the alley to provide some of Central Oregon's newest groups.